Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wool-less Wednesday: Feathers and Fur But No Fiber

Well, it's that time of year again when I set up the birdfeeder for the winter. Watching birds feed outside my kitchen window in the winter is something I've done for about 10 years. Whatever the weather, I'm sometimes still in my pajamas on cold winter mornings making sure these delicate creatures are fed.



This delicate creature is my cat. I also make sure she is fed but not with feathers! She too loves to watch the birds at the feeder. However, I think her motivation is a bit different than mine.



Whatever creatures you may watch...

Happy creature watching!

4 Comments:

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I love our birdfeeder - and so do my kitties. I've been trying to learn some bird identifications (even some of the "basic" ones are apparently beyond me!) so I can identify them better than a "pretty little bird".

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh that bottom picture of the cat "stalking" is a classic!!!! Love it.

Once we watched - - - in horror - - - as OUR pet cat jumped up onto our bird feeder and snatched a prize for lunch.

Anonymous said...

We love birds too! Is that a titmouse or a finch? Or a wren or a ? I can never tell the difference but I know I love starlings...
GOsh. We go through so much bird seed, don't you? Everyone likes something different.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos!!! Your cat is gorgeous...