Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Decorations: Get Out Your Crochet Hook

Well, the busy Christmas season is well upon us. I've got the food, presents and the tree. Speaking of the tree, I have crocheted Christmas decorations I thought I'd share. These wreaths are so easy to make out of festive variegated yarn.



I just turned a chain into a circle with the crochet magic of a slip stitch. Then, I made one round of single crochet. The next and final round is chain 3 and single crochet in the next stitch, chain 3 and single crochet in the next stitch, chain 3 and single crochet in the next stitch....You get the idea. This makes a ruffled edge like a wreath's edge. Crochet a simple chain for the bow and sew it on. Voila! A Christmas wreath for your tree. Make a bunch. They look really pretty on a tree.



I have a pair of these crocheted snowflakes on my tree. Both were a gift. The pattern is easy to figure out just by looking at the snowflake. It's crocheted out of cotton crochet thread and stiffened with spray starch or glue. I've looked at this snowflake alot but I still have only the pair!

Happy Christmas crocheting!

0 Comments: