Saturday, January 9, 2010

Too Many Needles, None the Right Size: Knitting Frustrations

I finally got around to buying the wool for my next knitting project which is this ribbed hat for hubby. While visiting my mom this week, I raided her yarn stash for the small amount of yarn I need to stripe the hat. Eager to get to work on it this snowy cold Saturday, I needed to find 4 mm circular needles 60 cm long in my collection of needles.

You'd think in this pile of needles I'd find the right size.



No!

I've got duplicate sizes. I even have a 3.75 mm circular needle. I could use it, because the gauge would still be okay with DK yarn I'm using. But, they are too long for the amount of stitches I need to cast on.

Oh well, looks like I'll have to visit my LYS and buy another pair to add to my collection.

Happy needle sizing!

1 Comments:

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

This happens to me a lot too- and I still don't get why - feel like I have knitting needles everywhere!