Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'm Gonna Knit This Sexy Sweater!

I finally discovered a sweater hubby likes and that I want to knit. A sweater worthy of my knitting needles is the tasty Urban Aran Cardigan adapted by Jared Flood from a Patons' pattern.

If you're not familiar with this pattern, the original Patons' pattern is for a woman's sweater. Jared Flood adapted the pattern to turn the sweater into a man's zippered cardigan. There are great pics at Jared's blog Brooklyn Tweed.


I'm not going to rely on my LYS for the wool. I'm going to order on-line to get a better yarn than can be bought in my small town. My first choice is Elann Peruvian Highland Chunky in mocha heather. I haven't told consulted hubby about the color selection.


One potential problem is that I do not have the pattern which is in the Patons' book "Street Smart". However, I'm optimistic I can get that on-line too!

Happy knitting!

3 Comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I can't wait to see the progress of you knitting this. I love how it looks too.

Anonymous said...

That is one sexy sweater - looking forward to see it progress :)

Lisa said...

Love it! I've been able to get some crochet books from amazon which were mailed to me from CraftWorld.