Friday, November 19, 2010

You Decide: What Will I Knit?

My next cast on will be a gift for a dear friend. I'll be using Paton's Shetland Chunky yarn in this color.



I've whittled it down to three possibilities: a hat, a cowl or a hat!

I want you to decide which of these projects I will knit. Will it be the...
  1. Slouchy Beehive Hat by Flora Cheung of  Flower Pot Designs.
  2. Burberry Inspired Cowl Neck Scarf by Julianne Smith. 
  3. Robin's Egg Blue Hat by Rachel Iufer.
Sorry there are no photos of the choices in this post. I'm being a good fiber girl and respecting the copyright.

Vote with your comment. I'll tally up Sunday and start the cast on for the winning project! 

Now, vote for more Fiber Arts Friday fun at Wonder Why Gals.

Happy Voting! 

13 Comments:

Dutch Hollow said...

OH I like that Robin's egg blue hat!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Another vote for the Robin's Egg Blue - I think it'll look fantastic in that yarn!

Melissa Plank said...

Me too! Love the robins egg blue hat, it has two of my favorite design elements, seed stitch and buttons!

Tara said...

Chiming in with my 2 cents: with that yarn, I've got to go with the Slouchy Beehive :)

WonderWhyGal said...

tehehe, I have the first two in my favorites so...I vote for the BeeHive Hat because it's high on my list of fun hats.

It will be fun to see the results.

AllyB said...

I love the Beehive but the cowl seems more practical somehow. I think it would depend on the friend. The yarn is very pretty btw. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Unknown said...

I'm going to go with the cowl. It's beautiful and will work up so nicely in that yarn... at least in my head it does!

ds said...

okay - you can't really go wrong but I really want to knit the Robin's Egg Blue Hat.

Kathryn Ray said...

I'm not really a cowl kind of girl, but I do like the idea of that one... Personally, I would consider making it as a scarf.

I love the beehive hat!

But, I think with the yarn shown, the Robin's Egg hat would be my vote.

Have fun. :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely voting for the Slouchy Beehive Hat. Oh and I just love that yarn.

Dina-Purls said...

I like both hats, but if I had to pick one, I'd vote for Robin's Egg Hat. It'll be cute in the yarn colour you've chosen.

Alittlebitsheepish said...

Lovely colour yarn, picking one of those three patterns is tough, they are all lovely. I think the Robin's egg blue hat wins though

Frieda said...

I'd definitely go for the Robin's Egg Blue hat .The yarn would be perfect for taht pattern .