Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sweater Accomplished!


My knitted capelet sweater is finally finished! I started it last fall and finally finished it to wear this fall. This was not my plan. Life tends to push some of my projects to the sidelines like this sweater. Time at the cottage allowed me to pull it out of my knitting tote and get to work.


Here it is without the sleeves, as the collar is being worked on circular needles.



After knitting this hooded aran sweater with lots of cables, I wanted a simple sweater to knit.



This pop over your head capelet sweater is knit in stocking stitch which satisfied my need for simplicity. Its knit in Briggs and Little wool which is not a premium yarn, but okay for this sweater as I intend to throw it on with jeans and a t-shirt. I really like the stand up collar and the three-quarter length sleeves.

My time at the cottage with no Internet access has slowed down the frequency of my blog posting, but at least my sweater is done! Happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Lisa said...

It's beautiful! I love the color...it's amazing what we can get accomplished when we're not on the computer 24/7!!