Friday, September 25, 2009

Purple Passion: My Felted Clutch with Needle Felted Spirals



Another felting project is completed! This small clutch was fun to knit and felt in Paton's Classic Merino wool. I love simple projects that turn out great. This clutch was inspired by a pattern you can find here at Lion Brand Yarn. Mine turned out  more "rustic" than the one designed at Lion Brand. My blanket stitch needs some practice!



I needle felted the spirals onto the felted clutch using the same lime green wool I used to seam the sides. Lion Brand embroidered their spirals onto the clutch using the chain stitch. After seeing my blanket stitching, you know why I chose to needle felt the spirals! I use a snap to close the clutch. The clutch measures about 8 inches by 5 inches. I use it to store some of my crochet hooks.

Check out other fiber tales this Fiber Arts Friday at Alpaca Farm Girl.

Happy fiber arting!

1 Comments:

Lisa said...

It's beautiful!