Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wool-less Wednesday: Or What Else Do You Get Up To?

I do take a breather from the fiber life once in a while and set aside my obsession with yarn, hooks and needles. I've dedicated Wednesday to being "wool-less" and to blog about my other pursuits.



First thing this morning, I baked my favorite muffins without the use of any fiber related tools or materials. This is a great recipe that I thought I'd share, as I know we fiberistas must eat too!

Blueberry and/or Cranberry Bran Muffins




Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Grease or paperline your 12 cup muffin pan.

Ingredients:

2 eggs
1 cup milk   (250ml)
1/2 cup vegetable oil  (125ml)
1/4 cup  molasses  (50ml)
3/4 cup  packed brown sugar  (175ml)
1 1/2  cups  natural wheat bran  (375ml)
1 1/2 cups  all-purpose flour  (375ml)
2 tsp baking powder  (10ml)
3/4 tsp salt  (4ml)
1/2 tsp  baking soda  (2ml)
1 cup blueberries  (fresh or frozen, unthawed) OR cranberries  (250ml)

* In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, oil, molasses and brown sugar until well blended. Stir in bran and  let stand for 5 minutes.
* In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Add to the liquid ingredients above. Stir until just combined.
* Stir in blueberries or cranberries being careful not to over mix.
* Spoon into greased or paperlined muffin pan.
* Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until firm to the touch.

Sometimes I put 1/2 cup (125ml) each of the blueberries and cranberries into the batter.

So good with a cup of tea in between knit 1, purl 1! Happy muffin baking!

0 Comments: