Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Shaking Off The Cobwebs: My Urban Aran Cardigan Revived

Hubby's Urban Aran Cardigan was suppose to be finished this fall. HA! If I turn it into an apron, it might make that deadline.


Now I'm projecting a conservative mid-winter finish. Hubby is patient.

It kinda got lost amid my square and potholder swaps. The summer heat didn't help. My knitting circle's Pinwheel Blanket KAL hasn't aided the effort either.

I do love knitting this sweater. The next time you see it, this back piece will be finished.

Happy Knitting!

6 Comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

I understand it not getting attention. Your sweater has a lot more going on than mine too. I'd rather work on projects that seem achievable and after an hour of knitting you see progress. My sweater an hour only gets a couple of rows and I feel like I did nothing.

Can't wait to see it finished.

sara said...

Ditto WonderWhyGal. I think that is why I am so enamored of dishcloths and baby items: instant gratification.

Tara said...

I've always loved that pattern (it's been in my queue for ages). What yarn are you using?

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It's hard to knit a sweater when it's warm out! But the cable pattern looks terrific. If not a mid winter sweater, then maybe a next fall sweater?

Kim said...

I just love this sweater. Chris (Briar Rose Fibers) knit it a few years ago and it was just incredible. Your color is fabulous and will be very versatile!

rachel said...

I can't get enough cables and textured knits this season. Love this sweater pattern. Can't wait to see your progress.